Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The skinny


Sometime between the fall shows and the first snow fall, I decided never to wear skinny jeans. The mutton-chop pant-leg look was not, after all, a look I wanted to go for, and so I sat on the sidelines as the leggings look trickled down from the catwalk to the sidewalk. I held out as A-, B-, then C-list celebs wore them, and even lasted through the first, second, third blast of merch in stores.

But weak from a "I'm going to L.A. and have nothing to wear" dilemma, I took to impulse shopping and bought a pair of black skinny-leg pants. The purchase sat in a bag for two weeks before I built enough courage to wear them out (aided by a long tunic top, of course). That was in December.

A month later, I actually contemplated wearing skinny jeans all week. So what about my thighs--nothing that a long top or oversized cardi can't cover. The pants are perfect for tucking into boots and are a no brainer with a foot of snow on the ground.

Sure, Lindsay Lohan puts up with a lot of slack for wearing leggings/skinny jeans all the time. But, really, who can blame her?

No comments: